If you want to have a relaxing day or set the mood for a romantic dinner, chances are you will light a few candles.
But did you know that regular candles are made from paraffin wax?
The good news is that you can replace them with soy candles or use soy wax melts instead!
These vegan candles have several benefits and everyone in your home will love them!
Keep reading to find out why you should make the switch to soy candles and soy wax melts.
And if you haven’t tried soy wax melts yet, below you will learn how to use them too!
Nowadays, most candles are made from paraffin wax, but you can also find other alternatives made from natural options, such as soy wax.
In fact, soy candles and wax melts are one of the best options for your health and the environment.
Benefits of Soy Candles
Soy Candles are Safe and Non-toxic
A common concern of using paraffin wax is that it’s a by-product of gasoline.
Simply put, burning candles made from paraffin wax could release chemicals that could affect your health in the long run!
On the other hand, soy candles and soy wax melts are a healthier alternative because they’re made from natural ingredients.
As a result, they release the lowest amount of particulate matter, so you don’t need to worry about indoor air pollution!
Soy Candles are Eco-friendly
Besides being a healthy option, soy candles are one of the most eco-friendly candles too!
While classic candles are made from petroleum-based paraffin, these vegan candles are made from soybeans. For that reason, soy candles are a fantastic alternative to replace candles made from a non-renewable source.
Moreover, soy wax melts are biodegradable!
Soy Candles are Vegan
If you want to remove animal products from your lifestyle, you should also think about the type of candle you’re using.
Many types of candles tend to use animal byproducts, such as beeswax, tallow, or others! In contrast, soy wax melts and soy candles don’t contain any animal products, so they’re 100% vegan!
Soy Candles Produce Less Soot
As you’ve probably noticed, paraffin candles produce a dark soot that could blacken your walls and furniture.
You can avoid this problem by using soy candles because they burn clean and produce less soot!
Soy Candles Last Longer
Another advantage of soy candles is that soy wax burns slower than paraffin wax.
So, your vegan candles will burn for much longer than regular paraffin candles of the same size!
6 Benefits of Using Soy Candles and Wax Melts At Home
Whether you decide to burn vegan candles or use soy wax melts in your home, they will give you some wonderful benefits:
1. Create a Comfortable Atmosphere
Lighting a few vegan candles in your house will help you create a comfortable and relaxing ambience.
And let’s be honest, there’s nothing better than feeling relaxed after a long day of work!
2. Add Style to Your Home
If you’re looking for some useful and eco-friendly home décor items, soy candles and wax melts will add a great touch to any room in your home! You could place a few oil burners for your soy wax melts, style your bathroom with some vegan candles, and more!
3. Set the Mood for Romantic Dates
Soy candles are a great option for special occasions, particularly romantic ones!
You can turn the lights down low and light vegan candles of different sizes to enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner with your significant other!
4. Can Improve Your State of Mind
Vegan candles are also helpful to improve your mood. If you’re feeling anxious, stressed, or overwhelmed, you could light a soy candle and listen to relaxing music for a while.
This simple action will help you lift your mood and feel a little better!
5. Enhance Meditative Thoughts
While being productive is important, you should also take time for yourself.
And melting a soy wax melt provides a peaceful ambience to enjoy your self-care activities and enhance your meditative thoughts!
Give vegan candles a try while having a bath, doing yoga, practising meditation, doing your skincare routine, or any other self-care activity!
6. Add a Wonderful Fragrance to Your House
With these vegan candles, you won’t need to use air fresheners any more.
They’re a natural and healthy alternative to make your house smell delicious and cover up unwanted odours!
And the best part is that there are many lovely scents to choose from!
How to Use Soy Wax Melts?
Wax melts are similar to candles, but they are wickless.
Unlike candles, you need to use an oil burner to melt the wax and release its aromas! If you’re going to try soy wax melts for the first time, check the following tips:
- Remember to place the oil burner in a safe place away from flammable things, keep them out of the reach of children and never leave it unattended.
- Place 1 or 2 wax melts in the top of the oil burner. You don’t need to add water. Then, you just need to light a tea light candle in the base of the oil burner. The heat will melt the wax and it will give a lovely smell to the room!
- Keep the rest of your wax melts in their package and leave them in a dry cool place to preserve their scent.
- When you extinguish the flame, the soy wax melts will solidify again. Keep in mind that you can reuse your old wax melts until no fragrance is released. What’s more, you could reuse them for longer by adding a few drops of your favourite essential oil to the liquid!
- You could even use your soy wax melts without melting them. They’re a great option to keep your things smelling good. For example, you can save one soy wax melt in a pouch and place it inside your clothes cupboard!
In short, soy candles and wax melts are a fantastic option to keep your house smelling great without releasing toxic chemicals or affecting the environment!