Perfect for lazy Sunday mornings or busy week nights, these homemade, old-fashioned classic vegan pancakes filled with the fresh taste of walnuts & strawberry’s then drizzled with melted chocolate just taste scrumptious…
Use any other fresh fruits or nuts that you prefer & this will become one of your favourite’s vegan recipes.
You won’t need any special tools for this vegan pancake recipe – if you have a good non-stick pan and a few pantry staples, your classic vegan pancake recipe will turn out great every time, I guarantee it!
Begin by whisking all dry ingredients and then, gradually add the wet ingredients. In this recipe, I’ll share my grandma’s secret ingredient – it’s freshly squeezed lemon juice!
If you use organic lemon, feel free to add 1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest. It will add a real zing and sunshine to your favourite vegan recipes!no products
Vegan Pancake Recipe With Chocolate, Walnut & Strawberry’s
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Non-Stick Pan
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Pastry Brush Or non-stick cooking spray, or a folded paper towel
- 1 Ladle Or Measuring Cup
- 100 grams All-purpose flour
- 50 grams Oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- A few drizzles of fresh lemon juice
- 200 ml Carbonated water
- 100 ml Almond milk unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons Coconut oil for frying
- Optional toppings like melted chocolate walnuts, sliced strawberries, plant-based whipped cream
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl; now, create a well in the middle. Stir the remaining dry ingredients into the well.
- Add in fresh lemon juice and whisk again to combine well. Gradually add in water and milk until everything is smooth and uniform. Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes. (Alternatively, mix all ingredients in your high-speed blender).
- Preheat a nonstick pan over a moderately high flame; brush your pan with melted coconut oil. (You can use a pastry brush, non-stick cooking spray, or a folded paper towel).
- Once hot, gently pour about 1/2 cup of the batter into the pan, spreading the batter evenly across your pan. (Use a ladle or a measuring cup).
- Cook your pancake until the bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn your pancake over and cook on the other side for a further 1 to 2 minutes. When you see nice golden-brown streaks around the edges, your pancake is done. Repeat until your batter is gone. (Do not forget to wipe out the pan between batches, it makes a difference!)
- Serve garnished with your favorite toppings, it’s up to you. Devour!