This spicy cucumber salad is not only delicious, it’s super-simple and quick! The cucumbers are tossed with a tangy, fragrant, spicy dressing, creating a perfect hot weather dish.
Quick & Easy Spicy Cucumber Salad Recipe
Why not try this tasty and quick spicy cucumber salad recipe. This is a perfect example of a refreshing dish that packs a punch!Cucumbers are well-known for their beautiful, refreshing flavour. In the summer, you might find yourself drinking chilled cucumber water, or snacking on cucumber sticks with some hummus. If you’re searching for a new way to use this wonderful vegetable, look no further!
- Small bowl or cup
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cucumbers halved and sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, minced or finely chopped
- 4 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice approx. 1 lime
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes or more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Add sliced cucumbers into a mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix well, then set aside in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. Combine tamari, lime juice, maple syrup, sesame oil, chopped garlic, chilli flakes and ground ginger.
- After half an hour, drain any liquid produced by your cucumbers.
- Stir in the dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy.
- This is quite a light meal, so if you want to bulk it up, serve it over steamed rice or noodles. Alternatively, it can be a great side salad.
- You can use regular soy sauce instead of tamari provided you don’t have a gluten allergy.
- If you are allergic to sesame, replace sesame oil with peanut oil, pumpkin seeds oil, or hemp seed oil. Garnish with crushed peanuts or fresh coriander instead.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!