This fresh vegan tofu sushi bowl recipe makes a healthy lunch, dinner or a light snack and can whipped up quickly.
Fresh Vegan Sushi Bowl With Tofu Recipe
We just love this vegan sushi bowl with tofu, You can prepare the ingredients in advance (e.g. cook rice, chop veggies, prepare the yoghurt dressing) and assemble when you’re ready to enjoy the sushi bowl.
- Baking Tray
- Baking Parchment
- Small bowl
- Small pot with a lid
- 120 g Sushi rice
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 180 grams Firm tofu cut into cubes
- ½ Large avocado peeled, stone removed, sliced
- 1 Nori sheet chopped into thin strips
- 1 Carrot grated
- 2 tbsp Pickled sushi ginger
- 4 tbsp Pickled red onions
- ½ Cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Vegan yoghurt or vegan mayo
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- To make the rice marinade, combine rice vinegar, tamari and maple syrup in a cup. Set aside.
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Combine the rice with 250ml of water in a small pot. Bring the contents to boil, then turn the heat down to simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Once all the liquid has been absorbed (approx. 10 mins), add the marinade and 1 tbsp sesame seeds and stir until well-combined. Turn off the heat but keep the lid on for about 10 minutes. Allow the rice to fully cool down.
- Spread tofu cubes on a lined baking tray and bake at 220c for about 20 minutes. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- For the cucumber salad, mix yoghurt, sriracha, salt and pepper in a cup. Add cucumbers into a small bowl and mix with the yoghurt dressing.
- Once the rice is cool, assemble your buddha bowl. Add rice, carrots, tofu, avocado, ginger, pickled onions, nori seaweed and cucumber salad. Top with remaining sesame seeds and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!