This delicious, healthy, vegan burger recipe is made from mushrooms. It’s perfect for vegans and vegetarians as a lunch time snack or evening meal when served with a side salad.
Burgers are one of the worlds most popular foods, they are easy and quick to make as well as being relatively affordable. These are a mealtime favourite for all of the family.
Unlike regular burgers, ours is made with mushrooms and crackers. Personally we love toasting our buns for that extra crunch, it’s obviously down to personal taste, you might prefer them un-toasted or you could substitute them for a sesame or brioche bun.
This really is a fantastic vegan burger suitable for the whole family, if you suffer with gluten intolerances, please remember to use gluten free crackers, breadcrumbs and buns.
I really hope your enjoy this vegan mushroom burger, and if you would like more recipes like this, subscribe to our newsletter.
Vegan Mushroom Burger
- Food processor
- Baking Tray
- Baking Parchment
- 1 lbs mushrooms quartered
- 1 red onion quartered
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 oz crackers broken
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried garlic chives
- ½ tsp salt
- Burger buns
- Condiment of choice
- Red onions
- Pickled gherkins
- Salt and pepper
- Add mushrooms, onion, sunflower seeds, rolled oats, crackers, herbs, and salt into a food processor. Blitz in short bursts until you have a consistent, but chunky mixture.
- Line the baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Using wet hands, form 4-6 burger patties. Arrange them on a baking sheet, making sure the patties don’t touch each other. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the burgers firm up and brown on the outside.
- Serve in a bun with your condiment of choice, fresh greens, tomatoes, pickles, and onions. Enjoy!