Homemade vegan inspired Ferrero Rocher chocolates is crunchy on the outside from the crushed cornflakes and hazelnut coating, while the inside is filled with a cocoa-nut butter mixture!
To make this dessert as healthy as possible, I used cornflakes to mimic a wafer layer and add even more crunchiness to the outside. I also opted for my homemade almond butter (made with 100% almonds, no sugar added).
However, you can use any creamy nut butter that you have on hand. As for the chocolate, use the best dark chocolate you can find. Making your own Ferrero Rocher couldn’t be easier!
Every time I serve these truffles, they are an absolute hit! So, let’s make some homemade Ferrero Rocher together!
Homemade Ferrero Rocher
- 90 g almond butter
- 20 g tahini
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 60 ml almond milk
- 6 dates pitted
- 1/4 teapsoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- A pinch of ground cloves optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 16 hazelnut kernels
- 50 g cornflakes crushed
- 50 g hazelnuts chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate 70% cacao solids, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, mix the almond butter, tahini, cocoa, milk, dates, and spices. Place the mixture in your refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After that, shape the mixture into 16 bite-sized balls and press a hazelnut kernel into the center of each ball. Then, roll the balls over the crushed cornflakes and chopped hazelnuts.
- Transfer the balls to your freezer until solid.
- For the glaze, melt chopped chocolate and coconut oil until the mixture becomes smooth and velvety.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate mixture; they will harden as they cool. Store homemade Ferrero Rocher in the refrigerator. Devour!