You really can’t beat a good Chili Mac, this fusion recipe is the ultimate one-pot & it’s the perfect dish for a vegan family meal.
This one pot chilli mac is suitable for vegetarians & vegans alike.
Mac and Cheese has recently exploded worldwide, there is a real love for this comfort food, with some unique twists to add a little extra punch.
One pot Chili Mac, makes life simple when you’re in a hurry but still want some good wholesome home cooking.
One pot dishes do exactly what they say, all of the ingredients go into one dish, making life easier when you’re tight for time, with the added bonus of less washing up.
Once you have prepared your ingredients cooking time is only 35 minutes.
The carefully selected spices, such as; chilli powder, smoked paprika and cumin, add warmth to the dish.
These are beautifully accompanied with oregano, thyme and rosemary.
This dish can be frozen if you prefer to cook in batches and simply taken out of the freezer as and when you need it.
The ultimate one pot of comfort food, that is quick and simple to make.
Homemade Vegan One-Pot Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 10- ounce elbow pasta
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Start this one pot chilli Mac recipe by heating 1 tablespoon of oil over a medium heat In a large nonstick pot. Once the oil is hot then add the onions then cook for around 2 minutes until softened.
- Then add the mushrooms & garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now you need to deglaze the pot, to do this just pour in the vegetable stock into the pan.
- Then add all of the spices, so the chilli powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, rosemary leaves, cumin powder & salt. Stir the spices into the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the brown sugar, kidney beans, corn, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and elbow pasta. Stir well to combine all of the ingredients together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat down to a simmer.
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Sprinkle your favorite vegan cheese all over the top of your chili mac.
- Cover the lid and let warm through for a few minutes.
- Allow the vegan chili mac to rest for about 15-20 minutes before serving and top with some freshly chopped cilantro.