This simple vegan couscous salad recipe is easy to make. Couscous is low in fat & is a good source of fibre with other health benefits.
Couscous is a moroccan cuisine but also a very popular dish with the surrounding countries.
This vegan couscous salad doesn’t only taste amazing its also very healthy for you so great if you are on a diet.
Vegan Couscous Salad
- Small bowl
- Salad bowl
- Small jar
- ⅓ cup whole wheat couscous
- ¾ cup vegetable broth or water
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 to matoes roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 2 cups kale chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat up the water or vegetable broth. Add the couscous and cover it with a lid. This should allow the couscous to soak up the liquid and cook. Set it aside to cool down.
- To make the dressing, simply whisk all the dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Once the couscous has cooled down, add it to the salad bowl, along with the veggies and greens. Drizzle the dressing over the contents, and mix everything together.