Are you looking for a hearty green pea stew recipe that everyone will love? Look no further! Serve your tasty green peas with roasted cauliflower florets that are super-nutritious, look wonderful on a serving plate, and are healthy and delicious when cooked in the Air Fryer.
This is a low-calorie and low-fat meal with 9.5grams of protein per serving. It also contains a significant amount of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin A, and minerals such as manganese, magnesium, and copper. For an oil-free version, simply avoid olive oil and use water to sauté veggies; for a more satisfying meal, just serve it with a couple of olives.
This punched-up vegetable dish calls for simple aromatics like garlic, dill, and bay leaf, but feel free to add your favourite spice blends.
Quick Peas with Cauliflower Recipe
- Soup Pot
- air fryer
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 small celery stalk chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 400 g green peas frozen and thawed
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- 100 ml water
- 400 g cauliflower florets frozen and thawed
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, sauté the onion for about 4 minutes, until tender and translucent.
- Sauté the carrot and celery for about 4 minutes, until they’ve softened.
- Then, sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds or so.
- Add green peas, spices, tomato sauce, and water and stir to combine. Tun the heat to a simmer and let it cook for 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, brush the cauliflower florets with cooking oil and transfer them to the Air Fryer cooking basket.
- Roast the cauliflower florets at 180 degrees C for about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, you can roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven at 200 degrees F for about 20 minutes).
- Discard bay leaves, ladle green peas into serving bowls, and top them with roasted cauliflower florets. Garnish with herbs, if desired, and enjoy!