If you have been craving eggs since switching to a plant-based diet, we have some great news for you. This vegan egg and mayo sandwich looks, tastes, and even smells like the real thing!
Quick & Tasty Vegan Egg and Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- ½ Head cauliflower approximately 400g, broken into florets
- 180 grams Firm tofu grated
- ¼-½ tsp Black Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 4 Stalks of spring onion chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Vegan mayo*
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 Slices of sandwich bread or 4 baguettes
- Greens as desired
- Bring water to boil in a medium pot. Add cauliflower florets and cook them for about 10-15 minutes. The texture should be soft enough to easily pierce with a fork but firm enough to maintain its integrity. Drain the water and allow the cauliflower to cool.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu, black salt and turmeric. Cook it for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow it to cool down.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, chop it into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, tofu, spring onions, vegan mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard. Give it a good mix.
- To assemble a sandwich, simply add your “egg” filling and your favourite greens.