Try making our vegan satay noodles recipe, this noodle recipe is quick, fresh, easy to make & packed full of flavour. Give our vegan satay noodles a go today!
Satay Noodles Recipe
- Large frying pan or wok
- Medium bowl
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil or peanut oil
- 1 Brown onion peeled, finely diced
- 4 Cloves garlic peeled, finely diced
- 1 inch Ginger root peeled, finely diced
- 1 Chilli pepper red or green, finely diced
- 1 Red pepper seeds removed, sliced
- 2 tbsp Bown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ Can Coconut milk
- 4 tbsp Peanut butter
- 4 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice approx. ½ lime
- 100 g Rice vermicelli noodles dry
- 2 tbsp Roasted salted peanuts crushed, for garnish
- Chili flakes for garnish
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for about 5-6 minutes. Make sure they are fully covered. After five minutes, drain the water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and red pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes, allowing the peppers to soften. Make sure to stir or toss the pan to stop your veggies from sticking to it. Add sugar and keep cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, and lime juice. Reduce the heat to low. Stir everything together as it heats up. Make sure peanut butter is fully mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the sauce starts bubbling, add the noodles. Stir everything together, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with crushed peanuts, fresh coriander and extra chilli flakes.
If you have some sad-looking veggies in the fridge, add them to your satay noodles!