Try out our tasty vegetarian roasted tomato & chilli soup recipe, it’s easy to make, full of goodness & tastes amazing. Add spices to your desired liking.
The types of tomatoes to use
I recommend using Roma tomatoes, as they are the perfect size for roasting. You can also use beefsteak tomatoes if you want larger roasted tomatoes.
There are many ways people use roasted tomatoes, including toppings for pizza, appetizers, sauces, and pasta. The process is pretty simple. You need to pick the tomatoes that are ripe enough to cook easily.
Roasted Tomato and Chilli Soup
- Deep baking tray or oven-safe pan
- Sieve (optional)
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes quartered
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 red chilli peppers seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 red onion peeled, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 350 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- ½ tsp ground bayleaf
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the veggies on a lined baking tray or in a pan. Add spices and oil. Toss everything together until evenly coated.
- Bake at 230 C for 40 minutes. Keep an eye on the vegetables and cover with aluminium foil or another tray if the top starts burning.
- Once the vegetables are done, transfer them into a blender. Add vegetable broth and blend until you get an even consistency.
- Taste and season with more salt or pepper as desired. Serve warm with a slice of bread
I hope this recipe has given everything you need to make your own perfect roasted tomatoes soup. You can use any or all of these ingredients to make the most heavenly roasted tomatoes you’ve ever tasted! Just be patient, and treat the dish with love.